Monday, February 9, 2015

Magnetic

 


 
 
 
The weather continues to be normal. Very normal.

Which means snow. Lots of it.

The Land Rover cold starting problem had to be fixed. This is something of which I was aware last winter, but it wasn't a problem back then because there wasn't a snow plow that I needed to use on the front of the vehicle. Now there is.

The solution was the magnetic block heater above. It attaches neatly to the starter motor from either above or below, and puts out about 300 degrees F. I also used it on the tractor, but now I have a replacement cable for the tractor's block heater, so we should be alright there.

Now we have a three day snowstorm with very cold temperatures. The Land Rover starts easily after an hour or so of heating. The snow gets plowed. No problem.

I'm sure something else will happen. It always does. But we're entering the racing days. Not long now.

We'll still have snow until April, but the sunshine will get warmer, which makes life a lot nicer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our Farm Blog.
The purpose of this blog is for Aimee and I to communicate with friends and family, with those of our students, and other folks in general who are interested in homesteading and farming activities.

The earliest posts, at the very end of the blog, tell the story of the Great Farm, our purchase of a fragment of that farm, the renovation of the homestead and its populating with people and animals. Go all the way to the last post in the archive and read backwards from there to get it in chronological order.

After getting tired of spam comments (up to a dozen or more per day), I required commentators to be Google "registered users". You can write me at mwomersley@unity.edu if you have a serious comment or question and are not a registered user.

Spammers -- don't bother writing -- there's no way I will post your spam to my blog. Just go away.