Thursday, May 21, 2015

Jack-in-a-Rover


I needed to get the clutch release assembly out of my Land Rover for service, since according to Haynes, it's "false economy" to replace the engine without replacing the bearing. Ordinarily I'd beg to differ -- many's the time back in my VW van driving days that I'd pull the engine without replacing the bearing, but I do have a little less need for economy now than I did when I was a student.

In any case, Aimee stole my camera to take this picture of me wearing a Land Rover.
 

In other news, we have a strange new row crop in the garden: lots of containers with tomato plants underneath them. This because of a late frost warning last night, and again for tomorrow night.


I quite liked the effect.


Finally, if we now have a kid, then we need a swing set. Ours arrived by truck late Monday, but had to wait for the rain to stop before I could put it up. Quite the "assembly required"; it took about five hours to get it done, all told. She does like to swing, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our Farm Blog.
The purpose of this blog is for Aimee and I to communicate with friends and family, with those of our students, and other folks in general who are interested in homesteading and farming activities.

The earliest posts, at the very end of the blog, tell the story of the Great Farm, our purchase of a fragment of that farm, the renovation of the homestead and its populating with people and animals. Go all the way to the last post in the archive and read backwards from there to get it in chronological order.

After getting tired of spam comments (up to a dozen or more per day), I required commentators to be Google "registered users". You can write me at mwomersley@unity.edu if you have a serious comment or question and are not a registered user.

Spammers -- don't bother writing -- there's no way I will post your spam to my blog. Just go away.